....

"Worship is ultimate, not missions. Because God is ultimate, not man. When this age is over and the countless millions of the redeemed fall on their faces before the throne of God, missions will be no more. It is a temporary neccessity, but worship abides forever."
-John Piper, Let the Nations Be Glad

Support Video!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Short Farewell

OK, so I know this post is long over due, but I have definitely been enjoying the wonderful down time I have had since being back in The States.

I first planned to post another very long entry detailing the many things I have learned and everything that God has shown me through my trip. For right now, I am just going to share a few verses that embody a little bit about what I have learned and give a simple summary of this summer.

Forgiveness:
“If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil." -Luke 6:23-35

Answering the call:
"But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God" -Acts 20:24

Working for the Lord:
"Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ." —Colossians 3:23-24

Relying on God COMPLETELY:
"I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." -John 15:5

God taught me so much about forgiveness and what it truly looks like to serve Him in a way that brings Him glory. Before I left, I was so caught up in my own way of doing things that I so rarely leaned on the Lord for His strength. He had to continually remind me that apart from Him I am nothing and I can do nothing.

I hope that everyone who kept up with my blog enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I pray that I will never lose what God taught me during my time in Guatemala, and I know that it will always hold a very special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment